Wednesday, October 8, 2008

To Be Chicken Pox or Not to Be Chicken Pox, that is the question?

First things first, yes all 4 of my children have been vacinated against the Pox. Chicken not Small. Well, maybe Small too I'm really not sure, but that's not the point right now. The point is I think they may have them, Chicken, not Small.

So, here's the general WARNING for anyone that I haven't been able to get a hold of that may have come in contact with us during the last 3 days, or who may want to see us in the next 10-14 days. The 3 youngest Rex children may have the Chicken Pox.

I say may, because it has not been confirmed. According to WebMD, a mother's best friend:

The pox look like small pimples........which they do. (I tried to pop the first one I saw on Halle, woops)
The spots will start on torso, neck and face.......yes, and for Avery and Carson, that's the only place they are.
A fever proceeds the outbreak..........nope
The spots will spread and get bigger.......nope
The child will show flu like symptoms.......actually they show symptoms of some one on crack.
The child may not want to eat........the 3 of them polished off 2 kids pizza's from Jason's Deli and devoured most of my potatoe. A slice each of Brenda's zuccini bread and a small chocolate bar, and finished it off with a root beer and lemonade.
Treatment, have child stay in bed and rest.......are you kidding? They are currently chasing each other around the kitchen table with pillows.

So, if any of you have any better ideas as what to do, I'm all ears. I have the spotted monsters scheduled to see the doctor tommorrow to comfirm this. I'll keep you posted. Until then consider our house under quarantine.

2 comments:

Becky Gray said...

Dang Amy!!! that would suck! I hope they don't end up with it. If you need to borrow a movie let me know. I hope it is a weird rash, and not "chicken Pox"

.........Still ME! said...

Holy Crap! I don;t even know what to say except that JD may have to take a turn when he gets home so I can take you for a drink (coke, or maybe something a bit heavier, hahaha). Call me when you are ready to run away for a minute!