Tuesday, May 4, 2010

6 lbs in 3 weeks!

I am considering this my second wave. The first weight loss wave went from January 2009-August 2009, total weight loss, about 30 lbs. Last go around I kept it from by blogging world, but this next goal I plan on sharing. If not for anyone else, then for me to keep account of my ups and downs, and so I'll remember what works for me in this weight loss/health up challenge.

What I'm doing:
Weight Watchers (again)
Working out (new)

I added the gym this go around and am noticing the difference. Now I know that 6 lbs in 3 weeks is no HCG diet, but concidering this is pure diet and excercise I'm thrilled with myself.

After Aug I kept watching what I ate and lost a few more pounds. But I had a health scare that had to do with my diet. It's called hypoglycemic. It's a condition not a disease and the only thing to fix it is a balance diet. What happens is my blood sugar drops too low too quick and I get all shaky, queezy and can't think. I've had it my entire life, but by August I had lowered my sugar intake so much that I was having the "episodes" 3-4 times a day. It scared me and by Christmas I ate every sugary treat I could find. The episodes went away and it was a scary thought to go back to them.

3 weeks ago I got on the scale. Let out a blood curling scream and sign up for the gym and weight watchers on the same day.

This go around I've introduced some low calorie substitutes that still have sugar in them, and so far keeping the blood sugar levels in check and still loosing weight.

To hit this new goal I need to loose 7 more pounds. This may seem like a lot since I know I look small, but trust me folks, when you're 5'1" with a very small frame, 109 is the "healthy weight" and my goal is above that.

Next post: There's $$$ to be made as a personal trainer.

1 comment:

The Hunters! said...

You go GIRL!!! Wahoooo!! But if you get any smaller I really will be able to put you in my pocket & take you everywhere with me!! My little "Amy Pocket Doll"!!