Monday, May 10, 2010

Softball

This year I some how got talked into coaching Avery's softball team, because I have nothing else to do in my life. This team of 10 7-8 year olds is teaching me a lot about patience, but most of all it's taught me how to be the mother of a child that some one else is coaching. This coaching stuff is hard, especially for a mother of 4. I have some special parent helpers, without whom I would no way make this work.

Avery has improved so much this year and I am glad to see her love a game that I myself enjoyed for so many years. She is a lefty hitter and we think a righty thrower, but she really could throw either way. It's disconcerting to me to try to helper her because everything is backwards. Easton helps her with the lefty questions. I know when I'm out of my league.

1 comment:

Clint and Shari said...

#1 Softball Coach huh?!?! Way to go! I can't wait till Blakley plays:)