Saturday, April 24, 2010

Not for the feint of heart


This is JD's hand post op. About 20 years ago, the doctors found a growth in JD's finger while doing an x-ray on his broken wrist. It turn out to be a benign tumor that had grown into the bone. They replaced the bone with a bone graph from his hip. 3 years later it came back and they replaced it with artificial coral. Fast forward 15 years and it came back yet again. This time, they took bone from his wrist and replace the wrist bone with the coral.

He is doing better now, but for the first few days he was in a lot of pain. Loratab became his best friend, he is trying to come to off it. It still hurts, but he's doing better.

I on the other hand am still trying to recoop after this crazy week:

Sunday: JD's mom had a family dinner for us. Afterward JD and I moved a big desk since we knew he'd be layed up for a few months. While carrying the desk upstair part of it fell off and landed on my foot, leaving a huge bruise and me barely walking.

Monday: Get up at 7am. Take Halle and Carson to the neighbors house, take JD to TOSH with Easton and Avery. Start JD's processed, at 8:15 walk the kids over to school. At 11:30 Stacie picks up little kids and waits for JD to wake up after surgery. 1pm get JD home and into bed. 5:30 girls dance, Pam picks them up and the boys and feeds them. 8pm everyone home in bed.

Tuesday: I take kids to school. Later Easton has game at 5:30, Avery 7. Pam drove the boys to the girls game, since I being the coach had to get there early.

Wednesday: Deep breath. Easy school, dance, scouts, dinner, bed.

Thursday: I had to be to a work training at 7:30. I left at 7am. My neighbor Carrie borrowed my van and took my kids and her car pool to school. Then came back and got Carson and took him to play group and then brought him home. After school the kids walked to grandma's house and waited for me to pick them up. My prayers were answered and the heavens open up and rained and rained. No games, hallelujah. Just Halle's soccer game.

Friday: Training at 7am. Kids get mixed up in the shuffle of the week and don't get pick up for school, so JD drives them. (ignoring the "do not operate heavy machinery while taking this drug" warning) Another neighbor picks up preschooler and take them to school and then brings them home too. My sister picks up the big kids after school and brings them all lunch. My sister in law brings dinner and we eat, happy it's not fast food again.

Saturday: Traing at 7am. Pam picks up family taking them to Halle's soccer game and brings them back. JD falls to sleep after taking his meds. Kids fend for themselves for awhile. Pam comes back and takes the kids to run errands to let JD sleep. I get home and Pam helps clean my kitchen and make dinner.

Long story short, thank you to all of those who save me this week, Pam, Stacie, Carrie, Arlene , Miki, Jenny and everyone for the well wishing.

It does take a village to raise a family. Thanks my village!

1 comment:

Brett, Jenny, and Taylor... said...

Hopefully you are all recovered! Let us know if there is anything we can do to help!