Friday, April 24, 2009

Seriously, where's all the adults?

To follow up the circus of the beggining of the week. We had an encore the very next day.

I was going through my afternoon panic of getting everyones jersey washed/dried. Dinner down them and out the door for the 5:00 game. Tuesday was nothing new. I was yelling at the 3 youngers ones to get out the door so we wouldn't miss the game. We had 10 minutes to spare. True to form, Avery started argueing. She wanted to walk. I didn't, but knowing the excercise couldn't hurt I agreed. I shuffled the kids onto the grass so I could pull my car in the garage. (I had pulled in trunk side first to unload groceries earlier) I jump in the car and pull forward 2 feet when I hear a crunching noise. I look at the 3 angelic faces and snarl, "who's bike did I just run over?" They all run around the car to see who is going to be killed. Avery looks at me confused, "Mom your tire's flat."

The bike was fine. I can't same the same for my tire. The sharp edge of the exposed handle bar ripped through my tire. Not a little hole like a nail, it looked like some one had taken a hunting knife to the tire.

One pissed off husband and $200.00 later for 2 new tires (apparently you can't replace just one...something about wearing unevenly????) I have a working car.

As far as pictures of this weeks events. There are none. Camera has gone MIA. Also, I think the kids don't believe they're in trouble if I snap pictures. I must learn to do it undercover.

2 comments:

Tolman Family said...

Quit making up stories ... you know you and JD were messing around while the kids were playing with the hunting knife!

Brett, Jenny, and Taylor... said...

You have had quite the eventful week! OHH the stories you will have to tell when they are all older!