Saturday, April 4, 2009

Boutique

Every spring Jetblue has a local boutique. This year I have agreed to participate. My friend Naoni and I are going to be selling these cute skirts and shirts along with matchig assesories. Naoni also sells bows, headbands and a few other fun things. I don't have pictures of the baby ones, but they are adorable. The full skirt pouffs out over their diaper bums and we have onesies that have matching ruffles on the bums. I think we will be selling them for $10.00 for the baby skirts and $12.00 for the big girls. We'll do special orders for mom's. The shirts will be $6.00 for any sizes.

Check out Apricott's blog listed to the right of my posted for other things Naoni sells. And also the dates of the boutique.

The boutique is open to the public and there is also a carnival for the kids. Last year they had 3 big bounce houses and other games. As well as hotdogs, drinks, and goodies. It's the week before mother's day, so it may be a great place to pick up a gift.

OK enough of selling my goods. I have to tell you that I have found a new found hobby. Finding fabric is like finding scrapbook paper. There are so many cute fabrics out there. I never knew. I am trying to make tutu's for the girls. Not as easy as one would think. I have thrown the meshy mess across the room a couple of times. The girls seem to love these skirts though. They spin around and the skirts puff out.

As Naoni will tell you, I'm not a great seamstress. If you tell me what to do I can do it, but start telling me to do a baste stitch on the casing and make sure to back stitch with a possible surge I will look at you like a deer in head lights, but tell me to do a loose stitch and scrunch the fabric together, then fold the fabric to make a place to put the elastic and secure the fabric down and....wah la! A skirt. I guess sewing is in my blood, but also in my blood is not following a pattern. But, they sure are cute.


2 comments:

Becky Gray said...

super fun!!! when is the show??

Vierig Family said...

Cute!!! I'm with you on the fabric thing, it's so fun to shop for!