Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's day trip to Vegas

JD had to be St George at the end of the week, so the kids and I met up with him in Las Vegas on Friday morning. I loaded my 4 kids up in the car at 6 am and off we went. Our good friends the McCurdy's came along and we all met at the JW Marriott in Las Vegas. It's not on the strip, but about 15 miles to the west. It's a gourgeous hotel and the pool is to die for. We had 2 outings on the weekend. The rest of the time was spent at the pool.

Fast Track
Our first outing was to a fast track so the kids could ride the go carts. Turns out not a one of them was tall enough. Instead they had little carnival type rides and a mini cart that they drove. They all seemed to have a blast. Not typical Vegas fun, but the kids don't know better.





The Pool
The pool at this hotel rivals any in Hawaii, complete with waterfall. There is a huge area that is about a foot and a half deep. Perfect for the kids to play in without an adult holding on to them. I could keep my kids out of the water. Did I mention it was 97 degrees everyday!!!! Surprisingly we only had a little sunburn on Easton. I think his medication might have had something to do with it. We had so much fun just relaxing and playing with the family.











Mother's day
On Mother's day we spent about 5 hours in the pool, then got dressed up for a late lunch. JD bought me this cute skirt to match the girls. Believe it or not the boys were not meant to be matchy. I didn't even pick JD's shirt out, but don't we all look cute?!?!







On the strip with the McCurdy's. Las Vegas, the family place, no longer exists (if it ever did). We took the kids down to see the hotels outside shows and the lights. WOW! It's been awhile since I've been there, but, they're taking the line "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas," to the max. On one corner a hotel had one of those sillouette glasses where a girl that that could only be described as clothing impaired was doing her thing behind the glass. It was like a strip tease, except you couldn't see her actual body. For Easton and Avery it was like a train wreck, they just couldn't look away. And don't get me started on Treasure Island's pirate show. There were no men pirates, they were pirate wenches that step out from the blue boutique. It was a strong PG-13 rating. I'll let Carson sum it up. The scattly dress women came out and Carson said, "these are the pirates from Disneyland". No son, they most defantly aren't.




7 comments:

.........Still ME! said...

Fun, Fun! Although the strip sounds like a bust, the pool look super fun. Is that the pool at the JW? Looks familiar. I love the picture of the girls on the bridge, so sweet!

I hope you guys will be around this weekend, we are heading your way. Malik can't talk about anything else except hanging with his friend East!

Clint and Shari said...

What a fun Mother's Day trip! You have such a cute family:) I love the picture of you and your kids on the swing, too cute!

Becky Gray said...

Amy, It looks like so much fun!!! I think I need to be by a pool. :) The pictures are SO cute.

Tolman Family said...

Looks like you had a refreshing escape from reality! I'm glad your back though ... we missed your dogs running about, kids screaming and knocks on our front door. Hands down you guys are the popular ones on the block!!

Brett, Jenny, and Taylor... said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. I must admit I am a little jealous! I am ready for a fun little getaway! Also, you look way cute in that pink skirt! I love it on you!

Dale and Tabitha said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I'm glad you had a good Mothers day. It is well deserved. HOpe we can go on a girls trip soon.

Dale and Tabitha said...

Are you wearing a bikini in one of the pictures? Go Amy!!! Maybe my day will be soon.