Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Friend Bugs

With spring comes bugs. Big bugs, small bugs, cute bugs and creepy bugs. My kids for the most part have been facinated with all of them. So, the other day when Carson ran inside saying, "Mom, come see the friend bugs!" I just did the typical mom thing when it comes to bugs, "That's great sweetey. Just leave them alone." I assumed he was talking about the box elder bugs that swarm our house ever year. The older kids call them "fire bugs." The next day we were outside and there was a box elder bug. I said, "look Carson, there's your fire bugs." He said, "No, that's no them!" Well, we played out this scenario for a few days. After, about 3 days he was annoyed with me. He came inside and made me follow him outside. "Look mom, the friend bugs. They share so good and have sooooo many friends!"

May I now present, the Friend Bugs

1 comment:

Dale and Tabitha said...

NASTY!!! Especially because I just scrubbed down every inch of my bathroom to get rid of the ants. Nasty. I'm glad Carson likes bugs. Lincoln runs screaming and stomps on every one of them.