Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Things that made me smile

Yesterday, my little boy Carson had to go to the dentist to have some fillings done. Because of his age, they had to sedate him. That meant no food or drink after midnight. The appointment was for 8:50, so I didn't think it would be that big of a deal. That's what I thought.

First thing out of his mouth when I woke him up was, "My tummy making growling noises. I'm hungry and thirsty!" It was downhill from there. I was able to pin him down and get him dressed and teeth brushed in between full on tantrum that he was starving.

It was finally time to leave and he was again laying on the kitchen floor screaming, "I'm not going to the stupid dentist. I want cereal." I pulled the age old mom trick, "OK well I'm leaving and you'll be here all by yourself," and I walked in the garage leaving the door open behind me for him to follow. When I heard the door shut I smuggly smiled to myself, "works everytime," I thought. But when I turned around I couldn't find him. I looked in the front yard, no Carson. I went to the garage door to see if he was inside. Yep, he was. And he locked the door.

It took 5 minutes to coax him into unlocking the door. He kept yelling, "I'm not going to the stupid dentist!"

5 comments:

The Hunters! said...

That is so freakin funny!! I got a good giggle out of it, thanks for sharing!

Becky Gray said...

I love Carson... I hate the dentist too! I would rather stay home and eat cereal.

Tolman Family said...

Owen was so cute at his dentist appointment yesterday! He crawled up on the chair, stomach down so his bum was pointed straight in the air. He finally turned around to lay on his back, but he had both hands covering his mouth and his eyes closed shut. It was SO cute. Such a proud moment for me. He's been 3 TIMES and loved it .... what the crap!

Did he and Carson have some talk the day before? Silly boys. =)

Dale and Tabitha said...

Carson....your my hero!

Reese said...

I don't blame the kid. Dentists ARE stupid.