Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Must Read


Every person, every where needs to read this book. It is a heart wrenching account of a man, a family, a school, and of a community whom have all been lucky enough to have their lives touched by an extrodianry girl Shellie, who was born with Downe Syndrome. Though she went through many trials and hardships starting from birth, she always had an optimistic outlook on life.

This book had me smiling and crying at the same time. It is written by Shellie's dad and was full of emotion only a father could protrait.

I knew Shellie from Jr High and High school and remember her smile. The things I learned by being given the chance to share a school with her will last a life time.

3 comments:

The Hunters! said...

I'll totally have to read it!! I remember her, she was our homecoming queen!

Tolman Family said...

Oh, my gosh, I know her from McMillan. She helps in some of the classrooms. The students love her. I actually just ran into her and her father at Shopko a couple of weeks ago. She is so sweet and smart. After meeting her father, I remember walking away and thinking "she is so lucky to have him as a father and is where she is today, because of him." I could tell how much he loved her and how protective he was of her. It was so sweet. I had no idea there was a book out there about them. I want to read it know. Thanks Amy!

Becky Gray said...

I have only heard about her. I would love to read the book. Thanks Amy