Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Air Travel Freak out!

Ok, I saw this on Youtube and couldn't help than to pass it along. As I work in the airline buisness I know first hand that these wack-o's are out there. I've had them all.

- A women, after being denied boarding because she was so drunk, called me and wanted to file sexual harrassment. I found out that she actually laid down in front of the door to the plane and started screaming "the plane is going to crash! Don't get on, it's going to crash! We're going to die!"

- A man called in claiming he was going to file a million dollar discrimination suit because he was white. Turns out he started screaming profanities at the ticket agent because he had to wait in line and didn't feel he should have to.

- A women sat on the phone and cried hysterical for 25 minutes because her aunt passed away and I couldn't let her fly for free.

This is my all time favorite. It has the same theme as a hand full of calls that I've had the unfortunate privelage to answer. I'll give the details of the one I recieved last night

- A man calls to book a flight. First clue, before answering each of my questions he gives a quiet little grunt. Second clue, his name is Lenny. Third clue, he's flying with a girl that's not his wife. Fourth clue, Half way through the booking he tells me, "You have a very nice voice. Has anyone ever told you that before?" I answer a flat "NO." And to seal the deal, I ask for his credit card number and he says hold on while I grab it. Then in a quiet, shaky, creepy voice he says, "thaaaaaaank yooooou" and hangs up.

I've heard of massages with a happy ending, but I'm pretty sure that is one fee the airline has not started charging.

These crazy people are why I go to work everyday. I just hope that I never have to get on a plane with one of them. Enjoy the visual to these nut bags.

2 comments:

Madi said...

Long Duck Dong's mom sure can freak out! I've never seen a temper tantrum from an adult before and I know now I never want to again. Ting Ching Do just made my kids look good.

You know your voice is sexy Amy. I know how silly you are at 3:00 a.m.!

.........Still ME! said...

AMY REX! I had no idea you were working the 1-900's for extra cash! Classy though! Did you almost vomit!?