Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Scrap"book" Club, Baby Style

About a year and a half ago I, along with some friends started a scrap"book" club. The club revolved around our our favorite hobbies: reading, scrapbooking, eating and hanging out with good friends. We picked a book, read it during the month, then met together and whilst scrapbooking, discussed the book. I would highly recommend to anyone to start one themselves (and invite me!)

So, we decided to throw one of our members a baby shower. Tabby is my sister in law, but also one of my best friends. I chose a book. It is called "Oh David" it's a diaper David book series. It went perfectly with our diaper theme. My other friend Naoni put together this cute diaper cake. It's full of stuff to "Pamper" the new mom (Pamper's is Tabbi's fav diaper).
For the scrapbooking part of the evening I had all the girls make a layout for Tabby and include a note to either her or the baby. My sister in laws were kind enough to make some pre-made layouts and they were a big hit. Thanks Miki and Jenny!
Here is the eating portion of the evening. What would a bunch of women want to eat into the wee hours of the morning? Chocolate dipped everything! Here we are dipping into chocolate fondue.
Here's me and Tabby, she thinks she looks huge and chubby, but she's is so tiny with just this not so little bump. She's in pre-term labor and should probably have been laying in bed. But we kept her off her feet and kept her mind off her contractions.

The night was a blast. It was so fun to enjoy another scrap"book" night.

4 comments:

Tolman Family said...

The shower was fun. Thanks for inviting me. I wish I could have stayed longer ... maybe next time.

Thanks for the braids in Madi's hair. She looked so cute this morning when going to school. =)

Becky Gray said...

Sorry I missed it... By the way did you get the present I left on your door step?? It looks like you had a good time and good food

.........Still ME! said...

So sorry I missed the party, it looks like a ton of fun! Tabby, you seriously are the cutest pregnant lady! Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes ok, and I can't wait to see pics of new Baby Rex!

Dale and Tabitha said...

thank you, thank you, thank you!!! It was so much fun. Thanks for everything you do for me. Hopefully this baby comes when it's suppose to.