Thursday, January 15, 2009

When the spirit moves you.....blog.

Well, the spirit or maybe its working 7 grave yard shifts in a row, but I felt the need to thank all the people in my life that help keep my world turning.

It's amazing how a little thing, like McDonald's french fries for no reason (thanks Carrie) or a gift of makeup samples after your entire makeup bag was stolen (thanks Tabby) can bring the much need smile to cool off your lack of patience.

Sometimes a break from all the kids and their childish drama, if even for an hour can make the biggest difference. Letting my girls come and play so that I can rest, clean or even just take a shower, can give me the boost I need to make it through the rest of the day. (thanks Arlene)

Words of encouragement, wheather through emails, blogging, texting, or late night phone calls can help weather any storm that may have brewed during the day. (thanks Naoni and Brenda)

A date night with my husband, when I know I can stay out as late as I need, has helped turn the 10 year stretch, into a new love afair. (thanks Stacie)

A sacrifice of even 1 hour of work so that I can sleep means the difference of making my new work schedule work for our family or not. (thanks JD)

This may seem strange, but having women that allow me to help them too, makes me feel worthy of all my friendships and the services they give me. Knowing that I can make someone elses life just that much easier by picking up a child from school, lending an egg or SOS pad, or grabbing a carton of milk while I'm at the grocery store helps build my sense of self worth. So thank you to everyone for allowing me to serve you, it almost seems selfish, because I think I get as much out of it as you.

Thank you to all the wonderful people in my life. Life is never as hectic as it seems when there is a great network of people that you can count on in your life.

5 comments:

Naoni said...

Love your guts girl!!!! And I think I'm usually the one benefiting pretty heavy from you and all you do!!!

Dale and Tabitha said...

Your so sweet to do a shout out to your peeps. Love it. I hear ya on appreciating everyone in our lives. I just want you to know how much I love ya and appreciate the phone calls you put up with of me and preventing the fights amongst my hubby because I am stubborn and onry....and pregnant. Thank you, thank you and thank you...and enjoy your day off.

Tara said...

J.D. REX! You are kidding me! Glad to have found you and your lovely family and see what you all have been up to! ;)
How are you??

mary jane said...

Amy, you are the sweetest person. I think that you are one of the best moms and wife that I know. And now it sounds like one of the best girlfriends. I know that you are probably doing the same thing for them that they are doing for you. What goes arounnd, comes around. You are awesome.

.........Still ME! said...

I MISS MY VILLAGE! I am so glad to have you in my life, even if we are 5 hours away, I still think about you everyday. Thanks for being my girlfriend!

PS - i really need a gallon of milk, could you pick me up one and come see me? Maybe bring me some chocolate cinnamon bears too! YUM