Thursday, September 25, 2008

Mom's quick Getaway

Tabbitha invited me to go on a whirlwind trip to the Big Apple. She won tickets and hotel stay for one night to go see the grand opening of our work, Jetblue's new terrimnal at JFK airport. I jump on board on that idea. We left Sunday morning and were back Monday night. But what we lacked in time we made up for in activites. We enjoyed every minute of the me time (translated that means, NO kids, No husbands, No wiping bums, NO car pools, NO lesson planning, NO football, baseball, basketball....NO BALLS! Just me and my book on 2-5 hour flights, staying up until 4 in the morning talking with my best friend, ordering a shake and eating it ALL myself, waking up when I wanted and not feeling guilty about a second of it)

We were able to walk around Manhattan, have a great dinner, see time square, take the subway (yuck!), stay up late, sleep in, have bar-b-que with 2000 of our closest fellow jetblue employees, see the Mayor of NYC** Side story, too funny to not tell**

Tabbi and I went inside the terrimanl to escape the humid heat. We were standing by this big window. In front of us on the side walk, the Jetblue CEO was talking to some guy. We had no idea who he was. I noticed a guy stading to the side with one of those secret service ear pieces in and he talked into his fist. Then we picked out another. It was killing me who this guy was that needed secret service men. We jokingly said that it maybe the vice-president for all we knew. It took me googling it on my Blackberry to figure out he was the NYC mayor....Who knew.

All in all it was a great, quick getaway. I would recommend them every once in a while to reboot.

3 comments:

Tolman Family said...

Awww.....I'm jealous. I LOVE NEW YORRRK!

Becky Gray said...

It sounds like a great weekend.... I have never been to new york. You are a lucky lady.

Dale and Tabitha said...

What a fun trip....I am still recovering from our late night. Thanks for coming with me. It was a reboot from the life we lead. Hopefully we can reboot again.