Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Easton's Baptism

My handsome son was baptised this past Saturday and became a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and I couldn't be more proud.

Easton is such an amazing kid. I can hardly believe that Heavenly Father trusts me to raise this child. I hardly seem fit to meet the requirements needed, and I know JD feels the same way. He is one of a kind. He amazes me more everyday.

JD and I sat down with him to ask some questions about being baptised, just to make sure he understood what he was doing. Every question we asked was met with a roll of the eyes and the answer given with 100% accuracy, whilst never taking his eyes off the Dodger game on the TV.

The baptism itself went off without a hitch, except for the fact that we had to move three times because of the amount of people in attendance, eventually landing in the chapel and filling that fuller than a regular Sunday meeting. Even Avery participated by singing a solo while Easton watched Chelsea Fetzer get baptised. After the meeting, it was back to our house. We all ate and visited. It was a wonderful day. Thanks to everyone who came (and brought food) and supported Easton in this big step in his life.

I really am proud of the choice that Easton made to take this next big step in life. I love you son! You're such a great example to all those around you.

4 comments:

Madi said...

Easton....you are amazing! I'm happy to know you and have enjoyed watching you grow up to become such a nice person. I love your smile. It makes me happy.

Becky Gray said...

Congratulations Easton..... You are a wonderful kid, you make your parents very happy. Heavenly Father is so pleased with your choice to become a member. Your picture is very handsome...

Brett, Jenny, and Taylor... said...

WOW! It's hard to believe that Easton's already 8! What a fun day! Thanks for letting us share it with you guys!

Madi said...

I just noticed your coutdown....does my life seem that miserable to you? Geez...it's going to be OK. I think it ROCKS to be 30!