Friday, September 5, 2008

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL PART II

Halle started her first day of school. With this one heading off to school, I can honestly say, I didn't want her to go. I now understand all the other mothers woes. She's my baby and to leave her somewhere was very strange for me, and for her.... She woke up so excited, I thought she would pee her pants. She had nothing but smiles all morning long. We got to school, brand new backpack on her back and walked into the building. Stopping only to take some cute pictures outside of school. But, as soon as we walked in the doors to the classroom, all excitement went out the window. Two kids were already crying and the rest were trying to sing. It was total chaos. Halle was not about to let me go. After 5 minutes I kissed her goodbye and left her crying (loudly) with her teacher. I waited outside the door and watch 3 other moms do the same thing. In Halle's defense the other kids were louder than her. After another 5 minutes she stopped crying and enjoyed the rest of the day.

It was so hard to let that sweet shy, little thing go. But they all must learn to detatch and cope on their own. Tomorrow's another day.

1 comment:

Sami said...

great job Halle, dont you love school it is the best thing ever great job Halle!!!!!!!!!