Friday, August 29, 2008

First day of school part I

After reading over everyone's blogs about their kids first day of school, I've concluded that I'm the only mother that was excited for school to start! Easton was bored out of his mind half the time during this summer, the other half he was fighting with Avery. He is most definately happier in his element, the classroom. He won the award for the highest first grader in the history of the school for reading last year, during the summer the only thing he read was the cereal box. 3 days into school and he's reading 2 different novels......What does Mrs. Maughn have that I don't? Maybe it's Avery. He has no one to bug him at school or maybe it's the award program every month where he gets to go in front of the school everytime he hits a milestone in his reading. Or maybe it's the alustrious Abby Graham, (j/k Easton!) Whatever it is I'm thankful that Easton has his wonderful class to go to for another year. Last year he learned and then tried to teach me how to make a power point presentation, maybe this year he'll teach me how to make my own website! Remember when my son turned 7 and became smarter than me.....so sad.

Look for Part II and III of first days of school. All three kids start 3 different days, ugh! Good for them, they each get their own day, bad for me they're not all in school for another week!

Here he is in all his cheesiness! Could he be happier to be going to school?!
Notice Abby in the forground? She really is adorable and Easton thinks she's swell ; )

2 comments:

Becky Gray said...

way to go Easton... Sami loves to read also. Happy Birthday Easton.. Hope you are having fun with your dad.

Arlene said...

Okay - Easton is the one kid who makes us sad we don't have a brother in our family (other boys don't really have that effect on us). I shouldn't be reading how smart he is! Is he for real?

How did the sports trip go? I think DeVon was a little jealous of JD - he'd love to do something like that with a son (sigh - but oh well).