Sunday, December 20, 2009

Your name should be in lights....Christmas lights

What an eventful week. My kids have kept us going this past week.

On Monday the girls had their anual Christmas dance recital. Avery is in 2 classes this year, and we were lucky enough that she performed in both classes on the same night. But it left me running around crazy changing costumes and hair. First Avery danced in her Jazz number where she is one of the younger girls, but didn't skip a beat. She has so much sass that the jazz numbers are right up her alley. She shakes her hips and does a mean shimmy. Then both girls perform a ballet number "Suzy Snowflake." What girl hasn't dance to that song. I did when I was their ages. Halle has so much fun on stage. She wears a truly happy face when she's up there. I am so proud of them both for all their hard work and determination.





On Wednesday, it was the preschoolers turn to perform. They were in a Winter program. They sang songs like, I'm a little snow man, and Jingle Bells. Carson LOVES to sing. He is by far the loudest one up there. He says he sings the loudest, but I'm pretty sure it's yelling, not singing, but who am I to tell him otherwise. Halle stands there a foot taller than any of the other kids, but with the most inocent smile on her face. She make look 9, but she's every bit of a 5 year old.



Thursday was the big performance of the Nutcracker by the first graders. Every year the first grade classes put on a condenced version of the Nutcracker. Aver was a lightstick dancer and a Pennywhistle. Don't ask what a Pennywhistle is, I have no idea. All I know is she dance around, jumped over another dancer and then they tied a ribbon around a pole. She did excellent and the ribbon thing. The lightstick dance is done in the dark with glow sticks. It's pretty amazing that these teachers can teach kids to read, but I was thoroughly amazed that they taught 12 of them to move in syncrination to music in the dark.




So, the Rex kids names were in lights this week and I'm proud of them all.

Love you guys!

No comments: