Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Christmas Eve Tradition

After asking JD at least a million times what he wanted for Christmas Eve dinner, on the 23rd he decided that we should go out to a nice dinner with the family. At first I was a little against the idea. I like being home around the Christmas tree and watching a movie or play a game. Then the truth of the matter came to me. If we stay home, I cook, I clean up, I miss the fun times around the Christmas tree and half the movie.

So, on Christmas Eve we went to one of my favorite restaurant, Rodizio's. Our reservation was for 5:00. We were back to our house by 6:30. Yes, ladies, 1 1/2 hours to be seated, eat until we were about to pop, loaded back into the car and home. No dishes, no burnt anything, no "I don't like that".

It was so much fun. We all got dressed up in our Christmas best. We invited my mother and brother in-laws, and had a great family dinner. Will we do it again? 100% YES!



No comments: