Friday, April 16, 2010

Play Group

Play groups are an essential part of life. I wish I would have figured it out with child number 1 & 2. Once a week my wee little boy gets to go to someone elses house with 4-5 other little boys and reek havoc on that poor mothers house. They play, they run, they laugh, they run, they have a snack, they run, they do a project, they run, they scream and then run and scream and run and scream.....Get the picture. But once every 5 weeks it's our turn to play hostest to these adorable little monsters. Today was one of these days.

My poor Halle tried desperately to find a friend to go play with, but alas no one was home so she braved the house full of boys with me. The little men played blocks, sword fighting (not the bathroom kind, thank goodness!), hid all the pieces to connect four (still missing a few actually). At the point they seemed to be ready to burst the confinds of my house, I fed them a quick snack and shewed them out the door. We went on a walk. Owen refused to give up the Bob the Builder helmet and protective eye wear, he's hilarious.

We learned how to cross the street by looking bothways. They looked like bobble heads as they crossed the street looking back and forth as fast as they could.


I made them do little tricks like walking backwards and doing summersaults as we went. Afterward we rode bikes and wrote on the side walk with chalk.

Such a fun day! Now 5 more weeks of bliss!

1 comment:

Madi said...

Crossing the street ... summersaults on pavement ... no wonder Owen wore a helmet and goggles. So fun! Thanks Amy! :)