Sunday, April 18, 2010

....Again the parent of the year goes to......

Announcing for the second year running the parent of the year goes to.....ME!

This is an honor to have been selected for this coveted award and accept it graciously.

This beautiful Sunday morning, my wonderful children allowed me to sleep in until 10:30. This not an unusual event seeing that I work until 4 am most days, but to have my hubby sleeping until then too, was not common at all. This would be great accept that church started at 11am. Well, we jump out of bed and I rush to get the 2 little ones ready, whilst fighting with Avery that she cannot wear the spaghetti strap summer dress to church. JD showers and gets ready while I finish Halles hair and put on Carson's shoes. JD and Avery are now fighting that she cannot wear gym shorts to church either. She slams her door shut, to try yet another outfit. By this time I am still in my robe and it's 11:05. JD rounds up the kids and I hear him yell everyone get in the car. The door shuts and the house is instantly quiet. I assume that I am to follow when I am dressed.

I finished getting ready, taking more time than usual do to my sore foot (more on that on a later date). 20 minutes later I head out the door.

I attend my 2 classes and meet the family at sacrament meeting aprox one and a half hour later. Halle asks me where Avery is because she never showed up to class. I start thinking of all the places she could have gone to ditch primary when JD looks at me and says, "Didn't you bring Avery to church?"

So, to may a long story short, we went to church and left Avery home by herself for 2 hours without telling her where we were or anything.

Mother of the year is a great title to hold.

2 comments:

Clint and Shari said...

This story is too funny:) Thanks for the pick-me-up!

Was she still in her room when you guys got home?

Naoni said...

She's a smart girl she totally knew you were all going to church and she just figured out how to get out of it!