Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Christmas Day


I love the look on kids face on Christmas morning. The awe of all the wonderfully wrapped gifts beneath the tree. They never look this happy at 7 am on a school day.


Avery was our picture taker on Christmas morning. Besides the blurry one of me, she did an excellent job. She has such an artistic eye. She was thrilled to recieve her own ditigal camera this year. She is more obsessed with pictures than her dad. The picture of Avery and a thumb, well that was me.













We spent the rest of the day with family coming and going. My sister and dad came over for brunch which is JD's specialty, then uncle Jimmy showed up with gifts. Later that night we went to my mother in law's for a tradtional Christmas feast since her 89 year old mother was in town. Unfortunately, 30 minutes after we got there, Grandma was taken to the hospital where she stayed for about a week with pneumonia. So, Christmas night didn't turn out exactly as planned, but the rest of made the best of the night. We played a couple of games. I found out that Jenny and I are pretty competitive and make a great charades team. It was a lot of fun, it was sad that Pam and Vi couldn't see their family having such a nice Christmas night. It did us all good I think, to be together, happily on such a special day.


No comments: