Sunday, January 17, 2010

Bon Apetit!

Have you redboxed Julie and Julia yet? I know, I thought it looked stupid too, but rented it anyway. When you work graveyards, it's amazing what you'll watch to stay awake. So, I popped into the laptop last week and watch it. Guess what? It was totally cute. It reminded me of myself a little. Julie kinda has a breakdown right before turning 30 (hmmmm, I never freaked out, ummmm, sure I didn't) So, to help get out of her funk, she decides to cook all of Julia Child's cookbook in one year. Blah, blah, blah,....It's funny, she completes it, the end.

Long story short, it made me want to cook, and not the easy, throw a couple of campbell soups in a crockpot kind of cooking. Like mincing garlic and a white wine reduction kinda cooking.

So, Saturday afternoon, I got a bug up my !@#$ and found myself at the liquor store (fish out of water there!). I bought the cheapest white wine I could find (later spent 15 minutes trying to open it, and yes I had a cork skrew, why, I don't know). I next hit the farmer market where I bought all fresh ingredients. So, $40.00 later and off I went to my kitchen.

The result: Chicken Glorioso and a yummy bruschetta

JD thought I had taken speed as I ran around the kitchen puting it all together. In the end the sauce was thicker than it should be, but tasted fatastic.

My husband being the sweet guy that he is, finished his last bite and said, "you know we could have this a Buca di Beppo for $20 bucks with my coupon and wouldn't hav had to do the dishes." Yes love, but it wouldn't have been so much fun! Just look at the smile on my face. It was a good time.

2 comments:

Brett, Jenny, and Taylor... said...

Good work Amy! I saw that cute movie too. And I really liked it! I'm impressed you cooked such a fancy dinner. I can't even pronounce it!

Becky Gray said...

The food looks wonderful!!! Good job! I loved the movie too!