Thursday, June 18, 2009

And the wife of the year goes to............

I don't like to toot my own horn, but I must give credit where credit is due.

I am the world's greatest wife. And here's why:

First read the post below this one. Did you do that? OK, now let me tell you the night that this player made his major league debut was in fact my 11th anniversary. And I did, in fact enjoy a Dodger Dog and flat Coke for my romantic dinner. Oh, and did I mentioned that I shared this romantic evening not only with 2 of my husbands friends but also with 20,000 other Dodger fans? I also drove around for 2 days in a Toyota yaris
I shared this lovely match box with wheels with 3 men who each weigh over 200 lbs. It was super cozy.

Now even though that sounds like I should win the World's greatest wife with that alone. That's not what put me over the top. The clencher is this: I DIDN'T EVEN COMPLAIN ABOUT IT! Ladies, you know what I'm talking about when I say that makes me the greatest wife.

In all fairness, my hubby felt so guilty for doing this to me, if we weren't at the games, I got what ever I wanted. So, I got a tan, PF Chang's, a movie, a nap, read half a book, drank lots of Coke, and a lot more. I think I maybe on to something here.

Love you JD!

4 comments:

Vierig Family said...

You are definitley wife of the year. Not just for all that, but for everything else you do all year long. Love how you guys are matching in the picture with your blue. That's a keeper!!! Did I mention you should write books. I love your posts, they are so well written and funny every time.

Dale and Tabitha said...

That is some funny stuff. Tears are a flowin'

Naoni said...

Way to go. My tears are because how opposite our lives are! For me to get wife of the year it does NOT involve any sports. Love ya!

Reese said...

We SO deserve a 6 month sabbatical after all the "trips" our hubbies have jetted off on over the years.
Our anniversary was spent at a baseball field as well with Taco Bell on the way home.