Thursday, March 19, 2009

Dishwasher or Spaceship?

Well, I'm now into my 4th week of no dishwasher, and let's just say I'm over dish-pan hands. I'm over rinsing, scrubbing, drying and putting away dish after dish after dirty dish. You may be thinking, "well get over your cheap self, and call the repair man." Well, I got over myself last week. I paid a man $65.00 to come to my house pull the face off the dishwasher, make a call to the service center and tell me the mother board is fried. First, "mother board?" I didn't know I have a space ship in my kitchen, second, $65.00 to tell me what took me 5 minutes to look up on the internet, seriously. So, what did I get for my $65.00??? The ability to order the part and schedule him to come back to fix it. All for the grand total of another $350.00. Is that in pesos???? No !@#$% way am I paying $350.00 to fix a dishwasher that I paid $300.00 for in the first place!

    The following day, my sweet visiting teachers came to my house to visit. Now, mind you these two ladies average age is 83, no kidding. I felt the need to explain to them while the rest of my home was actually in some sort of order, my dishes were spilling over my counter. One of the sweet ladies asked if she could do them for me. Of course, I said absolutely not. Later that night she stopped by with a drying rack for my dishes.

    I now have a expensive decoration placed where a dishwasher should be. One day, I hope to have a new expensive decoration there that actually works.D

2 comments:

Madi said...

I'm sorry Amy!

Becky Gray said...

Dang!!! I wonder if my dishwasher has a "Mother Board"??? I hope you are enjoying yourself in Florida!! What happened to Your UTES???