Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Bienvenidos a Miami

Welcome to Miami. Once again the Runnin' Utes picked our vacation getaway. Fortunately, this time it was sunny Miami, Florida. Well, at least a little sunny. We had one good day of sun, but we spent that time napping after our red eye flight. Then, it was off to the game. The next morning we got up ready to enjoy the sun. We went down to the beautiful beach. JD swam in the freezing cold ocean, I chose to lay on a towel and soke in the rays.
In this pictures you can see the black clouds behind us. Those clouds gobbled up our sun about an hour and a half after we got there. It went from hot and sunny to total down pour in a matter of minutes. The rain didn't stop for 24 hours.
Here JD and I are at the Utah game. We had great seats. Second row, right behind the team. If you were lucky enough to catch the game you saw us (wheather or not you knew it). Our shining faces were on the screen most of the game, but were slightly blury most of the time:)
Even though the Utes lost it was fun to be down there in the action and to know they could actually hear what ever we yelled to them.
Here's the view from the good seats. For my novice eyes it was hard to get used to them moving so fast right in front of me. I had to move my whole body when they went down the court. My husband would be disapointed if I didn't include the actual game. So, here it goes. The Utes did not play well. Arizona ran circles around them. They had more turnovers than I am years old (well, almost), and couldn't make a 3 pointer if their lives counted on it. With that said, we still love them and support them.....Go Utes!
Now, this surprised even me. I enjoyed the second game of the evening. Cleveland State and Wake Forest. Cleveland was ranked like 10 spots below Wake Forest. Cleveland came out and dominated the game. They played so well. It was fun to root for the underdog and to see those kids win, and win big.

3 comments:

Madi said...

You looked fabulous on TV!! I'm glad you two had a fun get away ... even if you spent most of the time in the air or stuck in the airport!! I know someone who could just buy you a ticket!!

Madi said...

You know that was from me ... right, silly girl!?!

Reese said...

Wish we could have been there. Regardless of what Travis says to JD, take away the Jayhawks and he is a closet Ute fan!