Thursday, November 13, 2008

Mother of the Year

Have you ever had one of those days where you thought, if there was an award for Mother of the Year I would sooooo get it?

This was not one of those days....

It was 10:04 am. I was running late. I like to be at Costco when the doors open at 10:00 am to avoid all the lines and to make sure I'm back home by 11:20 when Avery gets home from school. So, I send the two little ones out to the car, when the phone rings. It was my sister, I wandered around the house gathering my things so I could leave. Purse, check. Keys, check. Shoes, check. Grocery list, check. Cell phone.....where's my freakin cell phone.... Oh I'm on it, check. I walk out into the garage, tell the kids to get in the car. I turn my back to them and open the big garage door. It starts going up. Once open about 2 feet it stops. I hear a cry from behind my car. I run to see what was wrong.

There was Carson hanging about 2 feet off the ground. The garage door had caught the back of his pants and pulled him up. It only stopped because he got wedged between the door and the bumber of the van. I couldn't pull him out because it was still caught on the door. I run back to the door opener and shut it. So he yells and says he down. I open it again.....yep, same thing happens again. Turns out he wasn't wedged anymore but his pants were still stuck. I was standing there not sure what to do because I couldn't grab him and push the button to open the garage at the same time. I decide to run and shut the garage door and try to make it back to him. Nope this time the door released him and he fell to the ground with a cry.

At that point I picked him up, kissed him, then laughed my head off. He just looked at me like I was an idiot. Which I am to do that to my kid....Twice.

So, all you mom's out there. Just a reminder that we all do stupid things to our kids. Even if we don't always admit it.

6 comments:

Madi said...

So I'm picturing all of that in my head, (laughing) but wishing you took a picture. That is funny Amy. Oh, I have some pictures coming soon to prove to you that I'm quite the Mother of the Year too! It's funny and very Owen!

Dale and Tabitha said...

I still can't stop laughing. I absolutely love it. Poor kid. I can just see it now.

Becky Gray said...

Amy, I'm laughing, that is the funniest story this year!!! I'm glad he was ok,.... but super funny. I picture Avery yelling at you to stop doing that to Carson. Just remember the funny stories when they make you really mad.

Vierig Family said...

Now that's pretty freakin funny! I was hoping for a picture, but I suppose there was no time for that! Thanks for sharing!!! I cant stop smiling! You are mom of the year just for sharing it with the rest of us!!!

Naoni said...

I can't stop laughing. T & E actually try to hang on to my door when I open it. But I just yell at them. I really need to laugh more! Where are the funniest home videos when you need them!

Kayti said...

You're not alone!! I was just browsing around and Abbi wanted to check out Easton's blog. Hope you don't mind us peeking!