Thursday, August 14, 2008

Watch out bees!

At Wheeler farm the kids wanted to go and play in the playhouse. No big deal right? We scooted them along thinking we adults could sit and chat in the shade of this big tree. We hadn't even sat down when Avery started screaming. I thought "ok, who did what?" She ran over to me screaming "It stung my in the eye!" Apparently a bee flew into her eye and stung her on the corner of it, right where tears come out. Good thing we had Becky the eye girl with us. She looked at it and said in missed her actual eye ball, and gave her magic gum to make it quit hurting. She didn't even have the magic treat unwrapped, when Rhys came running out screaming holding his eye. Yes, that's right he got stung in his eye as well. To weird. He also go the magic gum, and we left the crazed bees and went for slurpees.

Moral of the story, as Malik said while trying to comfort the two youngsters..... Look on the good side, that bee can't hurt you again. Once he stings some one he dies. .... thanks Malik!

4 comments:

Becky Gray said...

Good Times at Wheeler Farm..... I love how you captured the monent. I hope Avery is doing better.

.........Still ME! said...

SERIOUS DRAMA! The only way there could have been more drama is if Malik would have been stung instead of Rhys. Is Avery still swollen? On a brighter note, the rest of the day was a blast, lets play more this week before school starts...

.........Still ME! said...

I love you dearly but we have lived next door to you for 3 1/2 years and you still can't spell our name right! E woman, E!

amy16 said...

Sorry Brenda...in my defense, I got Malik and Rhys right and that pretty much sucked up all my spelling ability for about a week.

Don't count the spelling errors in this blog.....I'm sure you'd need a calculator!