Friday, March 25, 2011

The lost city of Atlantis

My wonderful husband worked so hard during 2010, that he earned the incentive trip through his company. The trip was a trip to the Bahamas staying at the Atlatis resort. The best part it was ALL paid for! Thank you honey, for a much needed getaway.
One evening we took a sunset dinner cruise. Once we were on the boat and endured the "food" it was an amazing boat ride. That evening was a "super moon." I told JD there would be and he was like, "I'm sure the moon will be super" But what he didn't know was it was a phenomenom of the moon. It was closer to the earth than had been in the last 20 years. It was 30% bigger and 20% closer to the earth. It made for an unbelievable full moon rising over the Atlantis. The cruise included the full moon, birds flying lower over the waives, Celine Dion "life will go on" in the back ground and my honey with his arms around me. AMAZING!
Here's some of JD's fellow employees and their spouses. It was fun to get to know some new people.
The "Super Moon" between the Atlantis towers.
This would be one of my wonderful poses that JD captured. After taking a thousand pictures he's bound to get a few great shots. grrrrrr.
This is Sherry and me wondering if we will be getting sea sick or not. As it turned out, neither of us did. Darmamine is my newest and favoritist drug ever invented!
Waiting for the cruise was excrutiating. We sat, and sat, and sat. It took at least an hour after getting to the dock and the time we were suppose to until we finally boarded the ship.
More waiting.............
Random picture in front of the Atlantis towers.

The Atlantis has a dolphin cove where you can go and interact with the dolphins. It was fun to touch the dolphin. I wish I could have actually got in the water and swam with them, but it was still fun.



Got to love the flattering wet suits....
Christian and Jesse, fellow employees that took the plunge with me.

The Atlantis water park was a lot of fun. From the lazy river (which I loved) to the 6 water slides, we pretty much didn't leave the pool until they forced us too.

This is the Chanlenger. Here JD is racing Dave for about the 15th time. JD came home with the fastest time of anyone in our group. It was pretty funny to watch these grown men egg each other on.
JD finally talk me into going down this crazy slide. It is a straight drop down through the shark tank. The sharks were the least of my worries, the fact that your legs hang over the edge of the slide when you first lay down is what wasn't working for me. But I did it and live to tell the tale.
Like a couple of kids. JD and Dave. I had to capture this moment the kids standing on the bridge with me commented after they went down, "did you see that splash?" Too funny!
Here is JD going down the plunge.

The night life was a little slow for us that don't drink or gamble or dance for that matter. We ate dinner, then dessert, then just wandered around for awhile. The saving grace for the night life was the fact that it was March Madnes and there was a sports book.
Me and my pirate fetish!
The wives enjoying the only chair left at the sports book.....do you think any of the 25 men around would offer up a seat??? NO WAY!


Watching BYU loose. Late night for Dave I guess.
Loving the warm sunshine and a good book.


So, on our first day at the pool, Dave and JD wanted to be the first ones around the lazy river. There were 2 little boys that wanted the same thing. (wish I would have got their picture). So when the life guard gave the go ahead, Dave and the 2 boys jumped in their singel tube and took off. I was sitting in the double and JD started running us down the river. When he got to the rapids he tried to jump on the back. He only succeeded in dumping the tube upside down. I went straight under, he landed on top of me as the rapids pushed us down the river, scraping and bruising us a it went. My rear end was bruised the rest of the trip.


After that scene we decided to forgo the race and go up to the slide. This is quite amazing. You sit in your tube and the river takes you right up to a conveyor belt. You sit in the tube as it take you up and then dumps you back into a water line at the top of the tower. Your tube floats around up to the slide and you go down. Usually this works without a hitch, however JD and I found ourselves backwards and needed to turn around in order to go down the slide. As JD stood up, he was standing on a plastic water grate, his weight pushed the grate apart and his big toe slipped between the slats then popped back into place, trapping his toe. I didn't weigh enough to displace the slats again. By this time he was screaming that it was breaking his toe. He finally just ripped it out leaving behind a good chunk of skin. We went down the slide and by the time we got out of the river it was bleeding pretty bad. I went and asked the towel people for some towels and ice and the next thing we knew the parametics were there to bandage him up and made him sign a waiver.

Here's the paramedic making sure JD was going to sue.
Here he's getting operated, I mean a band-aid.
That is what all the fuss was about......a bruised big toe, missing some skin.
Another ridiculous picture caught while waiting for JD to take his 2000 picture.
We had such a great relaxing time together. It was much needed and apreciated. I think I should do it more often.

No comments: