Friday, September 10, 2010

Easton is 10!

I am the mother of a 10 year old!!!

My Easton where to start? The child came into this world 10 past his expiration date kicking and screaming. He never slept through the night until he was 2 and was given a real pillow top mattress to sleep on. He never like to play with trucks or blocks or toys of any kind. He loved to read books, throw balls, watch movies and the computer. In ten years, not much has changed.

This boy taught himself to read at age 5 by playing on the internet and hasn't stopped since. He LOVES to read. I think more than anything else in the world. We have a little contest to see who can read the most books. He read 12 books over the summer and is now diving into the Lord of the Rings. I'll let him win me on those.

Easton is a highly intelligent child. JD and I are pretty sure that he will be smarter than us by age 12 (if he isn't already). I see Ivy League in his future ( and big $$$$ in mine).

He excells is most everything he sets his mind too. Baseball, football, school, anything he tries at. EXCEPT, cleaning. Easton is the messiest child I have. The boy cannot find a garbage can, laudry basket or sink to save his life. He can tell you 10 animals that live in the african desert that start with the letter "T" but can't remember that he gave his football jersey to his coach to have his name put on the back of it until we've searched the house over for 90 minutes. He reads on an high school level, but can't figure out where he put the book that he set down 2 minutes ago.

I love this boy dearly and hope he knows that he is a very special person to us. I have loved watching him grow the past 10 years and can't wait to see where the next 10 take him.



No comments: