Thursday, March 4, 2010

Quick trip to D-land

So this past Sunday, I found myself in a bit of a dilema. I had given some good friends buddy passes and we were all supposed to go on a cruise this week. But, since my work is so crazy I wasn't able to get the time off. They were going to go alone. Flying standby is a crazy thing. They were good to go until late Sunday night and then everything went haywire. It came down to them either buying a ticket, not going and loosing the cruise money, or me flying down with them. The latter was the only thing I had no guilt with. So after working a grave yard shift I awoke 2 hours later and gathered up my 4 year old and we all headed to the airport. We all got on the flight with little issues and 2 hours later I dropped the couple off for their 4 day cruise.

Carson and I had 7 hours until the flight home. What to do in Cali with 7 hours to kill with a 4 year old???? Disneyland of course!

We had a fun time just the two of us. In the end we were able to go on almost all the rides he wanted to. Rides including, all the Mt rides (ie, Space, Thunder, Slash) he was disapointed the madahorn(sp) was closed, but cheered up when I bought him this turkey leg, that weighed almost as much as him.



He devoured this thing. I enjoyed for a few bites, but once it cooled down and we got to the tendons and things he was on his own. He was more than happy to strip it down to the bone.

The Buzz ride has changed a bit, I assume it has something to do with the new movie coming out.



I was nervous to take him on Space Mt, but he's all into Star Wars these days so I thought he would enjoy the building if not the ride. We got on the ride and he had a death grip on my arm. His little head barely hit the head reast. We went through the entire ride and his grip didn't lessen. At the end I leaned down to see if he was ok. He answered in a shakey voice, "That....Was....AWESOME!" He was a brave boy and seems to have the inklings of an adrenaline junky.

2 comments:

Madi said...

What a lucky little boy! You are such a fun mommy, Amy!

Brett, Jenny, and Taylor... said...

Carson looks so big eating that big ole piece of meat! How fun!! It's making me excited when I look at your pictures!