Sunday, September 13, 2009

I've lost a 2 year old!

I have put off blogging about this for 7 months. I'm not exactly sure why either. In my real life it's all I have thought about, but putting it out there for all to see, seemed to be setting myself up for failure. But now that I have lost a toddler and haven't refound him for almost 2 months, I feel safe it sharing.

Now I want to share not to brag (well, ok to brag a little, cuz WOW it's really is amazing), but to inspire. If I, the biggest lover of food, can loose weight, any one can. I did and still do love to celebrate everything with food. B-day = food, holiday = food, girls night = food, Tuesday = food. I LOVE food. I can go with out many things, food is not one of them.

So, last Novemeber when I turned 30 years old and hit my highest weight ever, only 8lbs lighter than when I gave birth, I knew I had to do something. I have some friends that did Weight Watchers and had lost lots of weight, and I desperately wanted to join. My husband hated the idea. His thoughts, which made sense, were why bother dieting if I wasn't going to work out. So, I didn't do anything. I just stayed chubby and hid in pictures and ate everything in site.

But, by February I was getting depressed and hating myself. I made the choice to join Weight Watchers online. They gave me a free week and I only did the online program......and I figured it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. Forgiveness was never needed when the results started rolling in. I had planned to work out, but on week 2 I fell and broke my toe. I could only wear flip flops for 8 weeks and even that hurt. But I followed WW's plan and slowly the pounds come off.
Here I am right before my 30th birthday. Weight 141
February 2009. This picture doesn't really show the chub, but notice the 3 chins. I'm hot I know. I started the program by mostly tracking what I ate, but not adjusting anything. I learned a lot about the foods I was eating. Weight 139
March 2009. By the first week of March my weight actually went up to 143. I was upset, but not deterred. I cut butter out of my diet all together and limited my Coke intake to 1 a day. (which was harder than the butter) By the end of the month....Weight 137.8
April 2009. I kept at it during April. For Easter we got the wii fit. I couldn't put shoes on, but I could do yoga and fit games on the wii. I also started drinking diet sodas. They were hard to drink, so I drank less. At first I would mix regular with diet. Trust me, it helped. Weight 131.8
May 2009. May was a little bit tough. We went out of town a couple of times and that made it hard to eat well. But on the plus side, it was the first time I really notice the weight loss. Down 11 lbs, clothes fit and I even put on a bikini. Weight 130.6
June 2009. WOW! Who's is this?!? I was so surprised that I could ever get this thin. I had promised myself if I got below 130 I would put this bikini on. I did, so I did. (I got so sunburnt I could sit for a week) Weight 127.8
July 2009. By this time, I didn't feel like I was dieting at all. All the changes WW had taught me were just part of my daily life. And the weight kept coming off. Weight 124.0
August 2009. August started off rough with a 2 lb weight gain after a vacation, but I worked hard all month and lost it plus more. I can't begin to explain the difference in energy I have. 21 lbs down and I am a different person. Weight 122.2

3 comments:

Clint and Shari said...

Let me be the first to congratulate you! Great Job!!!!!! You look amazing:)

Becky Gray said...

Amy you are wonderful... You look great : )

Erin said...

congrats!! you really do look great!! its the best feeling to feel so accomplished and to take care of yourself! good for you!