Tuesday, July 28, 2009

It's called the "Cowgirl Sqwat"

The "Cowgirl Sqwat" is my new favorite phrase. I learned it from the cutest little girl in Elba, ID this past weekend. We were feeding the horses and she started walking away through the feild. Suzanne asked where she was going and she said she needed to go to the bathroom. Suzanne asked if she would like her to drive her home. Camery asnswered non-chalantly, "nope, it's called the cowgirl sqwat." And off she went.

We were invited up to Elba, ID by our good friends the James'. Their family matches up with our almost perfect. A boy Easton's age, a girl Avery's age and a boy Carson's age. Halle is a little left out, but she can be happy by herself too. Anyway, the James' come from this little tiny town of Elba. They own a ranch up there and breed big old stinky cows, which the kids loved. Let me explain Elba. You know when you're driving to Las Vegas and you come into a valley and you see a scattering of 8-10 houses tucked in between wheat fields and cow pastures? Well, that's Elba, except the closest freeway is 2 hours away. It is really in the middle of nowhere, USA.

That being said. I actually loved the little town. I didn't see a car drive by that didn't waive (or one that didn't have a 3 year old on the drivers lap). Most people drove their 4 wheelers around town. We saw a buck deer in the front yard. Fed horses corn cobs and watermelon rinds. Played around on 40 rolls of hay. 4 wheeled up to a quiet little creek. Ate not-all-the-way-cooked peach cobbler. Caught grasshopper's for bate to fish with. Laughed and played and enjoyed each others company.

(Sorry about all the pictures, but who knows when you'll see the Rex's camping again!)


















The small town life isn't for me all the time. But it was a lot of fun for a few days. I will admit I was a little sad to leave it behind. Coming back to the crazy life that I set up for myself at home.

2 comments:

The Hunters! said...

I'm so down with the cowlgirl sqwat!!

Becky Gray said...

So much fun!!! I think the Rex's need to camp more often. :)