Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sunday Drive

This past Sunday was the perfect day to take a mini road trip. The kind of drive my parents used to drag me on that I would fight and complain the entire time...... My kids fortunately didn't fight us at all. JD thinks that's because we're much cooler than our parents were. I think they just haven't started to hate us yet. It will come I'm sure, but for now we enjoyed a very fun afternoon as a family.

We headed up Parley's to see the leaves and quickly discovered the dreaded frost line. For those of you not in Utah, that is the level of elevation that the frost/snow has come down to. The leaves were brown and dead. We were a little disapointed. We came down through Imigration Canyon and we relieve with the bright colors we saw. We ended up in Millcreek with our little picnic lunch.

We spread out a blanket in the middle of a grassy field that over hung with the brightest orange leaves. It was amazing.

(not sure how to fix this, so just turn your computer on its side)


After our lunch I made the girls try on all of my outfits so I could get some pictures of people in them, since they look so much cuter on. Well, we had a blast. The girls were born super models and I a professional photographer. Well, maybe not, but between the scenery, the outfits, and happiness the photos turned out great.














The boys meanwhile found a stream that they were determined to dam up. They threw every twig, branch and log in a 500 ft radius into the stream. Hours of fun.



2 comments:

Becky Gray said...

Cute!!! Cute!!!! I love the pictures.

Brett, Jenny, and Taylor... said...

Oh how beautiful! My drive up the canyon was pretty for all but a week! Stupid Utah weather! O-well! I may just have to bring Taylor over to come and have some fun in your leaves!