Wednesday, July 23, 2008

For Rob and Becky, and all other Utah fan's this morning

I had to relay a little story for you all. This is for Rob Gray who thought we abondoned him this morning.

JD and Rob and arguably 2 of the BIGGEST Ute fans, to their wives dismay. They have both planned "mancations" centered around the first Utah football game being played at the University of Michigan. Between the two men they will see this game plus at least 6 other sporting events over the course of 4 days. Mancation.

Well, tickets went on sale today, at precisely 8:30 est, 6:30 here. JD also had a plane to catch at 8:40, sounds do able right? Ha ha ha.

My cell phone goes off, waking me up, with a text from Becky. "Rob has been trying to get tickets since 6:30 can you have JD call him?" Well it was 7:10 so I forwarded it on thinking JD was at the airport where he should be, and rolled over and went back to sleep. AT 7:30 JD comes barging into the room, half yelling, "I need your help the computer won't let me buy the tickets."

I jump out of bed. Get Easton ready for there trip, fill up a backpack with goodies, go to the basement and start trying to get the tickets. JD showers, dresses and gathers up his stuff in under 8 minutes. Texting back and forth to Rob the whole time. JD leaves for the airport with 45 minutes to spare before the flight takes off, with strict instruction to not stop until I get tickets.

This part is true...... JD is not gone more than 5 minutes and I'm able to purchase the tickets. Down the street, Becky pulls out her Mac and in 5 minutes purchases Rob's tickets.

Hmmmmm. Coincidence???? I don't know, but either way I think Becky and I just earned ourselves a fantastic girl's trip!

1 comment:

Becky Gray said...

HAHA!!! Fun morning.... What would they do without us??? After all that did you know that Rob's tickets are only 2 rows from JD's? I think we deserve a trip too!