Friday, February 4, 2011

New Year's resolutions

I've never been one for big new year's resolutions. But try to aim for goals that are set. Some how it seems more do able. 2 years ago, it was to loose weight, and I did. 30 lbs to be exact. Last year it was to keep it off. That didn't go as well as I would have liked but 12 months later and I had only gained back 5 lbs I haven't gotten too hard on myself. This year I am concentrating on my house keeping skills.

It's no secret I'm am not a clean freak. Some people can't sleep knowing there's dishes in the sink. I have never had even an inkling of that problem. The result can be a very disorganized mess. I will do my deep cleaning like most people, however, I will just pick up a pile of crap and disinfect what's under it and set it back down.

Now with 4 kids, a husband, 2 old hairy dogs and a home office this life style was not working any more. I have started to hate the mess, the clutter and the constant cleaning that never goes away. So, that is my goal for 2011. To be a better house keeper.

I am starting it simple. Baby steps to success! In 2 week increments I add a new thing to keep up on. By writing it out I hope it motivates me to keep going.

Jan 1- Jan 14- keep dishes done, sink cleaned out constantly!
Jan 15-Jan 31- keep kitchen counters cleared of all non esential things
Feb. 1- Feb 14- Keep front room picked up and dusted once a week
Feb. 15-Feb 28- upstairs hallway clear of "stuff"
Mar 1-Mar 14- floors vaccummed every other day
Mar 15- Mar 30- make bed every day

etc, (more to come on the list)

3 steps in and I'm loving the results. Easton actually said it bugs him because the dishwasher is always dirty. I put them away to0 fast! Ha ha! That is one of the best compliments I could ask for.

Here's to a years worth of goals. Cheers!

No comments: