Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Another vote for mom of the year.....

I really ought to win the covetted prize of mother of the year one of these days....

Today the vote would be for laughing at my children while they are under serious distress.

Here's the story.....

I was lucky enough to have to drive our "new to us" car. It has no air conditioning which was ok because today was cool enough to keep the windows down and be content. I was making my 3rd trip to the elementary school with my two little ones in the back. All 4 windows were all the way down as we sat at a stop light. As we waited for the light to turn green I saw something fall from the sky. I searched the ground for the wounded baby bird with no luck. Halle asked what it was, but I wasn't entirely sure. The light turned green and I accelerated and the next second I hear a blood curtling scream. I glance back to see a dragonfly the size of a small bird buzzing around Halle's head. Then it moved to Carson and he started screaming too. It was buzzing so loud and they just kept screaming. I couldn't pull over right then. So, I did what any mother of the year would do, I laughed. And I laughed and I laughed.

I finally got to where I could pull over and threw open the door for Halle and she jumped out still screaming. But poor Carson was stuck in the seatbelt and couldn't get out. It was all I could do to stop laughing long enough to rescue him from the car.

I was still laughing 10 minutes later as I tried to check Avery out of school. In fact, I'm chuckling now. Meanwhile my little ones are having nightmare of giant bugs buzzing around the faces.

1 comment:

Brett, Jenny, and Taylor... said...

Why did I not hear this story last night? That is funny! I was totally laughing as I read it! I can just picture the whole thing.