Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy 8th birthday Avery!


My vivacious little Avery turn 8 years old this week. Wow how time flies. She is eating up being a tween. She is in love with my ipod, Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers, Taylor Swift, any and all Disney shows that elude to singing, dancing, dating, and being silly. She wants to be a mom when she grows up and love practicing her "mothering" skills on her siblings and cousins. I love to watch her hip her baby cousing and carry him around like a proud mama. She loves to cook and can actually be trusted to make scrambled eggs and pancakes almost unassisted. In the last year she has gone from not reading a lick to reading chapter books and won the McReader of the year in her class. She is spunky and strong headed. She battles with me when ever possible just to see how far she can get with me. I love that she questions her world and doesn't always take no for an answer. These are great qualites to have. My wish is to one day have her use them for good not evil. I know that as she grows she will turn these traits into things that will take her far in life as a leader, as a mother, and as a great daughter. She is a great little girl and I'm so glad she's mine!



No comments: